What are some good neighborhoods in Atlanta?
We get this question a lot. As internet specialists, we do a lot of relocation for clients. One of the most common questions is, What are some good neighborhoods in Atlanta?.
That's a great question but often we need to get people to back up and think a little about WHY are they moving. Some additional questions are, are schools important?, where will you work? Do you care about the commute to the airport? There are also other things like lifestyle choices such as proximity to golf, parks, fishing, boating activities and church.
A few "overview" perspectives from my opinion bank.
- If you need to be close to the airport, Peachtree City is a well known and popular place for pilots. Fayetteville (both cities are near the airport but not "too" close) offer an affordable option if you don't like paying a premium for prestige.
- If schools are a factor, then Cobb County (Marietta & Roswell) and Gwinnett County (Suwanee, Duluth, Buford, Dacula, Lawrenceville, Grayson) have the best overall systems, with notable pockets of good schools in North Atlanta, Alpharetta and some areas of South Forsyth.
- If parks are your thing, then Gwinnett County has the best park system in the state, period.
- Want land to roam and still be within an hour of Atlanta, then consider Conyers, Loganville on the East or Villa Rica or Dallas on the West.
- If boating and fishing are up your alley, then you'll likely be making the trek out to Gainesville, Flowery Branch or even Cumming for Lake Lanier or Canton for Lake Allatoona
Obviously, there are different pockets in-town that cater to just about all of these, making them much smaller areas to search.
The best place to start is usually looking close to work since Atlanta has been known for its abysmal traffic.
A 15 year veteran of Atlanta Real Estate, Joshua Jarvis is the host of 4rd Marketing Podcast - A podcast designed to help small business owners (this means Real Estate Agents) grow their business by implementing the latest in real estate SEO, local seo, digital marketing techniques and strategies.
Jarvis Team Realty
1960 Satellite Blvd Suite 1100
Duluth GA 30097
direct : 678-999-1001
Atlanta New Homes